Position: Commonwealth Bank Graduate Program
Location: Sydney & Melbourne
Number of Intake: 25
Disciplines: Finance, Marketing, Human Resources
The Graduate Show
TURN ON, TUNE IN, AND TAKE PART
Our Graduate Program is far more than an ordinary job. It’s also a rich, fun and rewarding experience. You’ll have the chance to rotate through a range of roles, expand your knowledge and skills, gain valuable networking and community experience, and determine which career path is best suited to you.
There are all kinds of reasons why our graduates love being part of our team. Some include:
- Having the chance to work in different teams and departments, and identify which career path best suits them.
- Being part of a business that’s going places, with over 50,000 employees all over the world.
- The comprehensive training, mentoring and development that’s given to all staff to help them grow.
- The chance to work with some inspirational people and thought-leaders.
On top of all this, our program is award winning! For the last four years, the Australian Association of Graduate Employers has named us as the Top Graduate Employer in the Commercial and Retail Banking sector in their Candidate Survey. We think that speaks for itself.
Want to learn more? Tune in to the Graduate Show!
There’s no better way to understand our Graduate Program than to hear from people who’ve been through it! So, we’ve created the Graduate Show – where you can hear from some of last year’s talent, find out what they loved about the program, how they found the overall experience, and what they’re doing now!
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
So you’ve chosen a reputable, stable employer. Check. You can rest assured you’ll be getting the best start to your career. Check. And you’ll be making the most of your degree. Check.
But what about the other special perks? What other great benefits do we offer our graduates?
Here are a few:
- Competitive salaries and bonuses. As a graduate, you’ll receive performance incentives, and the possibility of annual share grants.
- Flexibility. Longer term, when you have a family – or your needs outside of work change, you can benefit from the flexibility that we offer our people (via things like additional purchased leave, career breaks, leave without pay, and carer’s leave).
- Support, every step of the way. Your career is our priority. So we offer a huge amount of ongoing professional development, including staff exchanges and secondments, tertiary study assistance, regular performance reviews and personalised development plans.
- Staff discounts. You work for a bank – so it makes sense that you should get some financial benefits. In fact, you receive staff discounts on banking and financial services, like lower interest rates on home loans and personal loans, and reduced account fees on many products.
- Time out. All work and no play makes for unhappy graduates. Work is important, but so is your time away from the office. So we give you staff deals on hotels, car hire, airfares, wine, computers, entertainment and fitness.
- Help being healthy. We also offer health and wellbeing support, including health checks, health seminars and comprehensive private health insurance cover at competitive rates.
WHERE TO FROM HERE?
When you choose a graduate program with Commonwealth Bank, the sky’s the limit!
Being such a large and diverse business, we offer a huge variety of career paths. This means we need bright, talented graduates with a wealth of experience and knowledge.
Most of the jobs that we offer are located in Sydney – however we also offer positions in other states, or overseas.
Our business is made up of 11 key business units – and each has its own graduate program.
Click on the following to find out more about each one and whether it’s right for you:
- Colonial First State Global Asset Management
- Colonial First State
- Enterprise Services
- Financial Services
- Human Resources
- Institutional Banking and Markets
- Regional and Agribusiness
- Retail Banking Services
- Risk Management